1. General area:
Data transmission systems and networks, telecommunications networks.
2. Main research areas:
- Optimal message coding, Noiseproof message coding, Cryptographic messages coding and data protection, data transmission systems (physical, link and network levels);
- Measurements on data networks (according to the OSI model);
- Managing data flow in networks;
- Data transmission systems transmitters and receivers development.
3. The main achievements of the research team led by assoc. prof. Vadim P. Poltorak:
- a constructive approach to the design of a perfect systematic excessive non-binary code developed, systematic procedures for encoding and decoding data from source in this code developed;
- BCH code with minimum redundancy variant found;
- a series of data transmission systems research models with different types of the signal manipulation (on the basis of 518-18laboratory) created;
- Dynamic programming methods capabilities for routing in networks investigated.
Scientific publications in the direction of “DTS and telecommunication networks design”