1. General area:
Microprocessor-based systems design.
2. The main directions of research and development:
- Development of specialized problem-oriented devices;
- Embedded Systems;
- automated digital devices design systems.
3. The scientific results:
- The method of constructing digital functional units based on the bit conversions;
- a method for constructing asynchronous digital functional units based on the iterative processes;
- Methods for designing digital devices with low power consumption based on the FPGa;
- Methods for designing specialized multiprocessor systems based on data flow control;
- Methods for efficient simulation of digital devices on specialized multiprocessor computing systems;
- Specialized microprocessor systems programs optimization.
- Specialized stream processor:
- The architecture of the CPU block is designed as double-processor system, which consists of a CPU with floating point and fixed point processor, which are guided by the flow of data;
- The compiler, which automatically builds processors commands in order of their execution;
- The programming model (emulator);
- Fragments of a compiler for microprocessor-based systems:
- Programs optimization by combining cycles in order to increase the locality of the programs and reduce the power consumption of microprocessor systems.
- Software system for building functional units based on the bit conversions.
- Processor for signal pre-processing of medical ultrasound scanner:
- VHDL-model and FPGa-implementation of the processor.
5. Developed and deployed products:
- Task scheduler for a specialized multiprocessor digital devices models verification system. Conducts parallelization of boolean functions system, which represent a developed device model. The scheduler is designed on request of aldec Inc.
- Multiprocessor system emulator for digital devices design models verification. The emulator is built as a Windows-program that fully simulates all the functions of a real device. Designed on request of aldec Inc.
Scientific publications in the direction of “Microprocessor Systems Design”.